This Blog represents bits and pieces that I wanted to share with my followers as I make the journey of writing my various book ideas, short stories and random ramblings.

Tuesday, March 16, 2021

The Last Testament of Jeremy Ergon

To begin, Hello. My name is Jeremy Ergon. I am a detective from the Sydney police department. I’ve been tasked with investigating the being known  as Xorlich, its progeny and their cult.

Once it arrived, the tar like substance called ichor suddenly began popping up everywhere. The real problem in understanding ichor is understanding the being that has unparalleled control of it. The issue with learning ichors strange qualities is that we had never actually confirmed its existence. That is until the entity known as Xorlich arose in the modern era. 

How do you know the unknowable? How do you fathom the unfathomable? Xorlich is an enigma. They however will pontificate at length psychically if prompted about its own origin. Whether this is the truth or not has yet to be seen. I was given unprecedented access to the being and it allowed me to learn a few things.

First of all, Xorlich has no true form. It has a preferred form but no true shape. This is due to its physical body being entirely made of ichor. The entity can warp and shift and mold its body however it pleases. To the degree of each person perceiving it differently based on its psychic probing of the individual. 


Secondly, ichor is inert unless Xorlich is interacting with it in some way. Under their control it is everything from a means of locomotion, a source of power, a mutagen and most notably a deadly efficient weapon. 


Next is that, by its own claims, it was birthed by the blending of the blood from ancient deities and extra-dimensional horrors. Creating the substance known as ichor that coalesced into the creature itself. This had an unforeseen consequence to those whose blood created it. Their blood had then turned to ichor and called to Xorlich to be joined with it. More ichor for the creature means it becomes more powerful. 


Lastly, it isn’t from this world or this universe. It has devoured its own universe and seeks to consume ours as well. It has become a deity in its own right. Possessing capabilities i could never dream of. 


I can hear her always inside my mind. When I first arrived, her voice began as a faint scratching, like a cockroach skittering across a paper bag. Now she speaks to me constantly, she is a thing of beauty. Terrible beauty, an eldritch nightmare made into the perfect specimen of humanity.


I was once afraid of what would happen to me during this investigation. Now all I want is to gain her blessing and be graced with her love.




No comments:

Post a Comment